Sunday, July 4, 2010

July 4th


The 4th of July means a lot of different things to different people. First and foremost we are celebrating our independence. We celebrate those that fought for our country and who are still fighting for our freedoms. Every community has their own way of celebrating and for the family of Salina firemen, it is pretty much the same every year. For us it means celebrating from before sun up to way past sundown. This year was no exception for everyone but me. I have been so stinkin sick. I dont know what I have, but it sucks. I did manage to make it to the parade only cause Jordan was riding on the Jr. Miss North Sevier float. But I pretty much missed everything else, including the fireworks. The kids said they were great!! Way to go Salina Fire Dept. Even though I didn't get to participate in all the festivities, I am so happy that I live in a free country and I am so incredibly greatful for those that make that possible for me and my family.

0 comments: