I know that it has been a while since I've posted anything :). Erick has been pretty busy this month with scout camp and the trek. Our church takes the youth (14 and older) on a re-creation of the trek that the pioneers made to the Salt Lake Valley. Erick wasn't really too hip on the idea, considering that he had been to scout camp the week before, but I knew it would all work out. Part of the trek is dressing the part, no logo t-shirts and they were suppose to wear a hat, and not the baseball kind. So we made a trip to Burns Saddlery. Luckily they had some hats for a pretty good price and I found a western type shirt that was pretty cute. Strangely enough Erick really likes the hat. He put it on with his AC/DC t-shirt, jeans and flip flops (sorry no picture) and wore it around for quite a while. Jordan and Chan nicknamed him "Cowboy Smigz". Anyhow, Erick went on the trek and really had an enjoyable experience. He was put in a "family" with our dentist Scott Wilkins and his wife Cynthia. They walked a total of 18 miles in 2 1/2 days and slept under the stars. He was tired when he got home, but had a greater appreciation of those pioneers that settled this valley.
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment